A non-profit choir run by volunteers might seem like a simple organization with people just getting together to sing. In reality, a successful choir like the North Halton Community Singers (which has been operating for over 52 years) requires many talents to function properly. Here are a few:
- Expertise to have a sound financial tracking and reporting system for thousands of transactions
- Marketing and communications knowledge to effectively promote membership and manage ticket sales, particularly using social media
- Organizational skills to ensure the logistics of running concerts sometimes with an audience of as many as 500 people
- Creative skills to develop exciting concert contents
- People skills to keep over 60 members informed and motivated.
And the list goes on….
The NHCS is fortunate to have many members who contribute to the proper functioning of the choir, but we welcome anyone wanting to support the choir with their special talents, even if you don’t sing.
If you would like to volunteer as a “Friend of the NHCS”, please contact us.